According to the specifications set out in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (hereinafter referred as “GDPR”) and the Spanish Ley Orgánica 3/2018, de 5 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos Personales y Garantía de los Derechos Digitales, HOUSINGSPAIN (“we” or “us”) have compiled herein all relevant information which is applicable to the processing of our partner agencies and users personal data (“you”). Our aim is to being transparent about how personal details provided are managed as well as helping you understand the legal implications and the rights you are entitled to exercise.
Our contact details as Data Controller
- Name: Mr. Frederik Otte
- Phone Number: + 34 677 708 755
- Email: email@example.com
What type of information we hold
The source of the personal data processed may be any of the following:
- We may collect your name, postcode, email, or phone number, if you proceed with your registration as a website user.
- We may collect your name, email, full address details, or phone number, if you proceed with your registration as a partner agency.
- Furthermore, we may collect your email address and other information contained in such email, if you contact us by email with an inquiry or if you save a property search alert; or we may collect your telephone number, if you call us.
Data protection principles applicable to our processing
Pursuant to the applicable regulations, we process your personal data according to the following key principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Purpose limitation
- Data minimisation
- Storage limitation
- Integrity and confidentiality (security)
How we get the information and why we do have it
The lawful basis we rely on for processing your personal information are:
- Your explicit consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting our Data Controller following the contact details outlined above.
- We have reached a contractual agreement (applicable exclusively for partner agencies).
What we do with the information
We use the information you have given us solely for the following purposes:
- Registration as a website user on our database.
- Registration as a partner agency on our database.
Disclosure of the information
- A) Website Users
The personal data you have provided in connection with the registration form will be solely used for the purpose of finding the most adequate property tailored to your search preferences. We will never share your personal data to the partner agencies, it would be you who will be directly contacting them in case there is a particular property of your interest.
- b) Partner Agencies
The personal data you have provided in connection with the registration form will be solely used for the purpose of potentially being part of our agencies network which will be subject, in any case, to the fulfilment of the selection requirements set out by HOUSINGSPAIN and the signature of a partnership agreement.
In either case, we may share your personal details when we are legally required to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with any legal proceeding served on us.
Except as described above, we do not otherwise use, share, or disclose your personal data to any third parties.
How and for how long we store your information
Your information is safely stored in our secured and encrypted office database servers located in Amsterdam (The Netherlands).
We store your personal details as long as there is a mutual interest to maintain so and, in any case, up to a maximum of 5 calendar years following no activity from you, of which you will be duly notified. We will then dispose your information by deleting permanently the saved files stored in our database servers which relate to your registration, as well as every communication saved by any means (email, text messages, voice calls, etc.).
Your data protection rights
Under the legislation in force, you have some data protection rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note you can also delete your personal data directly on your website profile menu.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask for the transfer of the information you gave us to another company, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also lodge a formal complaint to the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (AEPD) from Spain or the competent relevant authority from your residence country if you are unhappy with how we have processed your data.
Agencia Española de Protección de Datos: https://sedeagpd.gob.es/sede-electronica-web/
C/ Jorge Juan, 6 – 28001 Madrid
+34 901 100 099
+34 91 266 35 17